Test TypesInformation about types of tests, what is tested and what is a serologic test
When Do I Take a PCR Test and When a Rapid TestWhen is each test taken and where is it valid
How and Where can I get Tested?How and where is test is taken and how much does each test cost
Test ResultsWhen do you get a test result and how, types of test results
At-Risk GroupsAt-risk groups for severe illness
How and Where can I get Tested?
How do I take a COVID-19 test?
PCR tests and rapid tests are administered in the same manner: By insertion of a sterile swab (a pick with a cotton wool tip) into the oral and nasal cavity in order to collect a sample. The sample collection process only takes a few seconds and does not hurt.
Where do I take the test?
- Are administered in accordance with the Ministry of Health's guidance in HMO clinics and in Home Front Command facilities. Information on the HMOs' testing facilities can be found on the HMOs' websites.
Further information on the Home Front Command's testing facilities
- Those who are unable to arrive in the testing facility due to medical issues – may ask their HMO for a protected staff to arrive in their place of residence to administer the test at home.
- Those who do not have HMO insurance – should contact the Ministry of Health's hotline at *5400 and, if necessary, will be referred for testing in Bikurofe clinics.
Supervised rapid tests
Are administered in authorized testing facilities in a nationwide deployment
Map of authorized stations
Rapid tests at the entrance to places that comply with the Green Pass scheme
There are rapid tests that are administered at the entrance to places that comply with the Green Pass scheme, but they are not valid elsewhere.
How much do these tests cost?
- PCR tests in testing facilities by the HMOs and the Home Front Command: Free of charge.
- PCR tests at the airport, before arrival in Israel:
- Cash payment at the airport: 115 NIS
- Credit payment at the airport: 100 NIS
- Advanced payment at the link in the end of the arrival statement form: 80 NIS
- PCR tests taken before leaving Israel: Paid service
- Supervised rapid test administered in one of the authorized testing facilities for close contacts of a confirmed COVID-19 patient: Free of charge
- Supervised rapid test administered in one of the authorized testing facilities for the issuing of a daily Green Pass:
- Adults and children older than 12 and 3 months: 52 NIS. Payment on the spot.
- Children aged 3 to 12 and 3 months: Free of charge.
- People with a contraindication against vaccination with the vaccine for COVID-19: Free of charge.
- Home rapid test kits: Paid service