What test is done, when, and where When are there results, what is a serological test
Test TypesThe different types of tests that check COVID infection
When Should I Take a COVID-19 TestWho and when should take a COVID test
How and Where can I get Tested?How and where are tests taken, and what is the fee
Test ResultsWhen and how do the test results arrive, and what is the recommendations for a positive result
How and Where can I get Tested?
How do I take a COVID-19 test?
PCR tests and antigen tests are administered in the same manner: By insertion of a sterile swab (a pick with a cotton wool tip) into the oral and nasal cavity in order to collect a sample. The sample collection process only takes a few seconds and does not hurt.
Where do I take the test?
Are administered in HMO clinics, in accordance with the HMO's guidance.
Those who do not have HMO insurance, can take a PCR test for a fee in authorized laboratories.
Authorized antigen tests
These tests are administered at authorized sites across the country.
Map of testing sites >
Remote supervised home antigen test - the service is done through private companies that have received the approval of the Ministry of Health, and is subject to a fee.
Information regarding an authorized remote home test >
How much do these tests cost?
- PCR tests administered at testing sites by the HMOs - free of charge.
- PCR tests taken before leaving Israel (If traveling to a destination where such testing is required) - for a fee.
- Authorized antigen test administered at one of the authorized testing sites.
- Home antigen test kits - for a fee.
- Remote authorized antigen home test - for a fee