Leaving by AirIsraeli citizens and residents are banned from leaving Israel to a country on the red list
Leaving by Land & SeaAll travel to a country on the red list by Israeli citizens and residents is banned
Testing Travelers Leaving IsraelTo leave Israel you need to make an appointment for a PCR test in one of the hospitals approved for private COVID testing, or any other approved facility.
Permission to Travel to a Country on the Red ListTraveling from Israel to a country on the red list is banned for Israeli citizens and permanent residents of Israel.
Entry of Israeli Citizens by AirIsraeli citizens may be granted entry to Israel even if unvaccinated or non-recovered.
Entry of Non-Israeli Citizens by AirAll the information on entry to Israel of non-Israeli citizens
Entry by Land & SeaIsraeli citizens may be granted entry to Israel even if unvaccinated or non-infected.
Mandatory IsolationWhat cases must isolation and for how long? Information on isolation upon arrival in Israel
Recognition of Israeli COVID Certificates by Other CountriesThe countries that permit entry and access to facilities that must comply with local green pass requirements on the basis of an Israeli COVID certificate, and subject to local policies
Recognition of Non-Israeli COVID Certificates by IsraelThe countries that issue verifiable digital vaccination and recovery certificates, and holders can request a green pass in Israel
Leaving by Land & Sea
Travel from Israel to a country on the red list is forbidden for Israel citizens and for permanent residents of Israel.
- This guidance does not apply to foreign nationals.
- This guidance does not apply to those who are allowed to travel to a country on the red list in accordance with the guidance.
To the list of cases in which travel to a country on the red list is allowed
- It is possible to ask for permission to travel to a country on the red list from the Exceptions Committee.
To the list of cases in which a request may be filed to the Exceptions Committee
File a request to the Exceptions Committee
Before leaving Israel
1. Check the policy of your destination
It is your responsibility to check what the border policy of your destination and requirements regarding entry of foreign nationals are, for example, whether you are required to fill out any forms, get tested, quarantine upon arrival, and so on. List of countries that recognize Israeli COVID certificates
When leaving for Jordan through one of the land crossings – Yitzhak Rabin, Allenby and the Jordan River – you are required to present a negative result on a PCR test that you took in the 72 hours before crossing.
2. Make sure that you are permitted to travel
- If you have any doubts as to your status as a confirmed case, as a person required to be in isolation, or as a person who cannot leave Israel because of legal issues, check the Immigration and Population Authority's website.
- Travelers discovered to be confirmed patients or persons required to stay in isolation at the time of their arrival in the crossing will not be allowed to cross the border and will be punished according to the law.
At the border crossing
- You must follow the safety rules in the public sphere: Wear a mask over your nose and mouth (required from anyone aged 7 years and older) and follow the distancing and personal hygiene practices.
- After crossing over to Jordan you will be required to take another PCR test. This test requires payment on the Jordanian side.