Confirmed COVID-19 cases may develop varying symptoms. What should be done at each stage and when is recovery determined?
COVID-19 SymptomsThe most common symptoms experienced by COVID-19 patients resemble influenza and it is likely that one or more of them will appear over the course of the disease
Severity and At-Risk GroupsDifferent conditions of patients
IsolationIf you tested positive on a COVID-19 test, you are required to stay in isolation and under medical supervision until you receive a certificate of recovery
Treatment and Medical CareCurrently there is no specific treatment for COVID-19, only care for alleviating or easing some of the symptoms. Fever can be lowered, pains can be relieved and coughing can be…
Pregnancy and BreastfeedingIf you are pregnant and you've been infected with coronavirus, or if you have symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19, you need to consult your primary care physician
Who is Considered RecoveredRecovered cases are those with a positive PCR test result or a positive result on a rapid test taken at an authorized testing site, who after recovering received a certificate…
Long COVIDAccording to estimates, a significant portion of those infected with coronavirus will experience phenomena that may linger for weeks or months after recovery and make it more difficult for them…
Who is Considered Recovered
Recovered cases are those with a positive PCR test result or a positive result on an antigen test taken at an authorized testing site, who after recovering received a certificate of recovery from a HMO.
The certificate of recovery will be received after 5 full days of isolation (the day of the test being the first isolation day) provided:
- You took an antigen home test on the evening of the 4th day of isolation and - and received a negative result
- You took an antigen home test on the evening of the 5th day of isolation and - and received a negative result
- You exhibited no symptoms over the last 48 hours.
If the result of either home antigen test is positive or if there is still fever over 38 degrees, coughing or difficulty breathing - you are required to stay in isolation until the seventh day and notify your HMO, but are not required to take another test. Isolation can be discontinued in the end of the seventh day, and after a HMO certificate of recovery has been received.
Non-Israelis and those without medical insurance at one of the HMOs – a certificate of recovery will be provided by Kol Habriut call center at *5400.
Cases for which a certificate of recovery is issued
- 1. Receiving a positive result in a PCR test or in an institutional antigen test:
- Those who received a positive result on a PCR test or, in an institutional antigen test which was taken in the testing facilities or in an institutional home test that was done and remotely supervised.
- Those who recovered once or more (repeat infection will be considered as such only if a positive result on a PCR test, or an antigen test at an authorized testing site, has been received at least 60 days after the original date of recovery).
- Receiving a positive result on a serologic test:
- Those who tested positive on a serologic anti-S test and were not vaccinated before the test.
- Those who tested positive on a serologic anti-N test.
- Receiving two borderline-positive result on a PCR test:
Those who received two borderline-positive results on two PCR tests with 24 to 72 hours between them.
- Recovery abroad:
- Those who recovered abroad, and their recovery has been determined based on a positive result on a PCR test or a NAAT-based equivalent, and who have a certificate of recovery that can be digitally verified in the Ministry of Health's system.
- Receiving a certificate from the Exceptions Committee on behalf of the insuring HMO:
- Those whose physician has filed a request to the HMO's Exceptions Committee for exceptional recognition of a recovery status that does not meet the definition of recovery, and whose request has been approved.
What does the certificate of recovery allow me to do?
Get a COVID certificate – the certificate is international and its validity depends upon the destination country
Generate a COVID certificate >